Earth Security works with global financial institutions and strategic philanthropists to catalyse innovative finance solutions to invest in nature as an asset. Our programmes develop the data/research and broker private-public collaboration, to develop new investment vehicles and opportunities that show the way for future global market development.
The Forest Finance programme is facilitating innovative financing mechanisms for forest ecosystem services, initially incubating pilot projects in Colombia. This includes the development of an impact bond with local partners in Colombia to enable capital markets to invest in the water services of mountain forests, and the creation of a carbon fund linked to regenerative coffee production. Further to this pilot stage, one or both of these opportunities could be further developed on a more global level as the programme moves to subsequent years.
The Senior Programme Manager (SPM) plays a leadership and coordination role for the delivery of this innovative finance programme, and is responsible for coordinating activities, partnerships and outputs in Colombia, with a global outlook for further programme stages. The programme team combines London-based staff, local partnerships with NGOs and companies in Colombia, and local consultants to be hired to support these partnerships to develop innovative finance pilots. The SPM will oversee and support programme team, partners and consultants, and ensure the delivery of activities and outputs are carried out effectively and with the right inputs and resources. The programme has completed 1.5 years and is entering a new phase of strategic focus on piloting and co-design of financial instruments with a range of local stakeholders in Colombia in 2023 which have the potential to be replicated and launched globally from 2024.
The candidate will have a background in impact investing or strategy consulting in a relevant sustainability space; be someone who excels at managing project delivery and coordinating teams, bringing new ideas and sparking collaboration, and liaising with donors and global financial institutions to discuss detailed project documents and reporting updates, while at the same time guiding the programme and its team to achieve strategic results.
- Lead and project manage a dynamic international programme to catalyse innovative finance models and partnerships for forest ecosystem services, initially piloted in Colombia and then replicated globally. Ensuring the programme, team and external partners/stakeholders effectively partner throughout an innovation process.
- Ensure all current and future activities are proactively identified, scoped and communicated effectively across a global team, and the progress of deliverables tracked and coordinated among responsible team members and consultants, adopting a hands-on approach to support deliverables where needed.
- Scope, hire/contract and oversee delivery by local consultants and ensure a seamless coordination and interaction between consultants and the team by arranging and following up on internal workshops to deliver outputs.
- Support the final production of outputs and organisation of activities with the relevant team members (reports, presentations, workshops, etc.) providing a high-quality research/editing function that draws on various team and consultant members when this is required by the project outputs.
- Oversee and coordinate global stakeholder engagement with companies, investors, governments and NGOs (with a focus on Colombia initially). Build and manage strategic partnerships with a range of global, regional and Colombian organisations.
- Be the day-to-day point of contact for philanthropic funders and donor reporting. Lead the production and writing of progress reports for donors and other donor-related reporting requirements, providing the point person for relationship with donors supporting the programme.
About the candidate
- Has a background in impact investment and nature-based solutions, and experience working in Latin America.
- Working-level fluency in Spanish a must, as well as written/spoken English at professional level.
- At least 10+ years of directly relevant professional project management experience. Strong international project management skills.
- Experience leading innovative finance programmes that combine research production and stakeholder collaboration/partnership management.
- A natural networker, which expands networks, with an eye on developing the programmes’ outcomes with a focus on commercial opportunities and market positioning, identifying opportunities to expand and scale these outcomes.
- You independently own, plan and deliver assignments with flexibility and to deadline, contributing to a dynamic and entrepreneurial team effort.
- Highly organised and proactive with great attention to detail, natural organiser and coordinator, you energise people to work together and excel at managing collaboration.
- You can negotiate and see through the development of contracts with consultants and partners overseeing delivery across teams that are inside/outside the organisation.
- You are able to communicate complex ideas effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing, and develop clear communication materials such as presentations.
- You are energetic, flexible, collaborative, and a proactive team player, who is eager to develop and grow professionally in the field of forest finance.
- Experienced or has significant interest in one or more of natural capital, nature-based solutions, ecosystems services and markets and/or carbon markets.
The position is full-time employment, London based. Applicants must already have permission to work in the UK.
For expressions of interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org