Analyses that create impact.
We are an investment think tank producing research and analysis to align investments with planetary boundaries. Our programmes partner with financial institutions, governments and venture philanthropists, developing solutions to mobilise impact capital for our planet.
Our research projects include conceiving a new financing instrument to finance tropical mountain forests for the water security they provide to nearby cities with local partners; catalysing a fund to accelerate the transition to regenerative food commodities; or analysing the economic value that coastal mangrove projects as a form of green infrastructure. Our programmes lead to real impact, and the facilitation of new financial products and investment platforms, guided by strategic analysis.
Senior Analysts are able to connect a universe of existing knowledge worldwide, bringing together insights, data and evidence into compelling narratives and frameworks that show investors, companies and governments how to support a new direction for global investment. Across our projects, Senior Analysts produce the insights that create real impact.
We are growing our research team and looking for highly analytical people, interested in making a difference in the sustainability transition of key industry sectors; and who can use data and evidence of resource security trends that are shaping markets, companies, production and consumption. Our Senior Analysts can identify solutions, and break down the analysis of financing options and models to support innovation. Natural systems-thinkers, they are intellectually agile, innovative and curious, yet grounded in robust research methods, systematic enquiry and evidence-based analyses.
About the role
Working as part of a tightly knit project team, the Senior Analyst is responsible for conceiving and leading the research and analyses that support a project outcome, sometimes working independently and sometimes with other researchers and external consultants. You will report directly to a project manager who tracks programme delivery timelines and milestones, but work collaboratively as part of a fairly flat-structured, innovation-oriented team, engaging directly with Senior Advisors and the CEO in strategic content and analysis discussions.
Senior Analysts are assigned to one or two projects at a time, with the opportunity over time to work across projects, sectors and geographies. They have high levels of ownership and the ability to shape research outcomes and are given the freedom to come up with proposed approaches. Working within an agile and entrepreneurial organisation that works at a high level will offer Senior Analysts the opportunity to rapidly develop and flourish.
As part of our programmes, Senior Analysts will be conducting and assembling actionable, decision-making grade research on the following types of areas:
- Industry sustainability and sustainable finance trends, analysis of companies, their business models and progress towards sustainability targets (e.g. creating scoring/rating frameworks).
- Market scoping and sizing opportunities for the development of new investment funds, and resource security trends (scarcity, risks, regulation) that support the business case for sustainable business models and technologies.
- Innovative business and finance models, and creating the research and analysis that supports companies and organisations to design innovative finance options through new financial products and investment funds.
- Impact analysis in an investment context, identifying metrics and frameworks and conducting analysis of projects.
- Lead the hands-on production of research outputs for our programmes, working and managing the research timeline in a highly professional way, with attention to detail and analytical quality.
- Produce analytical reports, briefs and presentations in Word and PowerPoint formats, articulating and presenting insights in a highly structured and compelling way, combining data/quantitative and qualitative analysis effectively.
- Map, actively engage, and interview a wide range of external stakeholders across sectors as part of the production and the validation of research insights, managing and tracking this engagement process systematically and effectively.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Earth Security’s research methods, processes, protocols and research body.
- At least 5 years of professional research experience, preferably in a strategy consulting or impact investment-related sector – i.e. the ability to structure and present research in a consulting/investment strategy context.
- A post-graduate degree with a background in research methods and analysis, and in a relevant thematic area.
- Data analysis skills and a track record of working with economic, environmental and financial datasets to produce practical investment insights.
- Team player and highly collaborative, with experience delivering both individually and collaboratively to high-quality research outputs.
- Excellent English written and editing skills and the ability to write in a business tone for senior audiences, with strong interpersonal skills; approachable and able to engage with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with statistical software such as R (or Python) is desirable
- Position: This is a full-time permanent position.
- Remuneration: Competitive in the UK finance think tank sector.
- Work permit: Applicant must have legal permission to work in the UK indefinitely.
- Language: Native proficiency in written English is essential (and excellent editing skills).
- Location: Office Located in Central London/South Bank/Southwark, with the possibility of flexible working from home around 2 days a week.
- Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until we find the right candidate, so it is in the candidates’ best interest to apply as soon as possible.
- To apply: Submit your CV and short cover letter detailing motivation and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org (only successful candidates will be contacted).